Recipe: Warm Spinach and Pine Nut Salad Recipe
Cold winters call for warm salads. This easy Spinach and Pine Nut Salad is a perfect side dish. Winters are a great time to eat pine nuts because of their warming property and taste of toasted Carnival Pine nuts gives this Spinach salad lip-smacking nuttiness and garlic and spinach are a match made in food heaven.
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Carnival Pine Nut Kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and cram into a large pan. Pour over a little boiling water, cover tightly and cook for 2-3 mins, until the leaves have wilted.
- Tip into a colander and drain well. Use the side of a small plate to press the spinach down to extract the last of the water. If using frozen, defrost in the microwave and drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil, add the pine nuts and fry until golden. Add the garlic and fry briefly, then stir in the spinach and stir until heated through. Season and serve in a warm side dish.