Recipe: Cranberry Oats Power Bites
If snack time has you reaching for unhealthy options, these dried cranberry power bites are the perfect nutritious snack alternative for you. Cranberries are an immunity booster which when combined with oats, flax seeds, creamy peanut butter and other healthy ingredients, become a full power package that keeps you full while being tasty and flavourful.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Carnival Cranberry Whole
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground Carnival flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, Carnival Cranberries, peanut butter, coconut flakes, honey, Carnival flax seeds, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until well combined.
2. Keep a bowl of water nearby as you form power bites. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the oat mixture and roll it into balls. Keep hands slightly wet to form balls easily.
3. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up and keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week.