Recipe: Chowpatty Style Bhel with a Nutty Twist
Food is life and if you're a foodie just like us, you know the next best thing to eating food is preparing it yourself. Street food has a special place in all our hearts. The aromatic flavours not only tantalize the taste buds, but also bring in a sense of nostalgia. Treat yourself with our hygienic, healthy and easy 4 step Chowpatty Style Bhel Recipe with a nutty twist.
- 4 cups Bhel Mumra
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Onion
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Tomato
- 1 cup Boiled Potato Cubes
- 1-2 Green Chilies Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Carnival Spanish Tomato Cashews
- ¼ cup Green Chutney
- ¼ cup Sweet Chutney/Khajur Imli Chutney
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 7-8 Papdi Puri
- ½ cup Sev
- ½ cup Coriander Finely Chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add mumra/puffed rice, then add chopped onion, tomato, potato, cashew nuts, green chilies and cucumber.
- Add sweet chutney, green chutney, half cup chopped coriander leaves, some chaat masala, chili powder and mix it well.
- Crush some papdi puri and add into the mixture. Add lemon juice and then toss the mixture slightly.
- Take a serving plate and put some prepared bhel mixture on it, top with chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala, sev and serve immediately. Enjoy this easy and tasty, lip smacking chaat.