Blueberry Pumpkin Smoothie
If you think you’ve tried all the blueberry recipes out there, think again. Picking up a package of blueberries can be a fun adventure – they taste great, they’re delightfully versatile, and it doesn’t take a master chef to create mouthwatering ways to eat them. There’s no wrong way to cook with blueberries! Ready to explore?
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup Carnival dried blueberries
- 1 banana
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup/honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, combine milk, blueberries, banana, pumpkin purée, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and ice cubes; purée until smooth.
- Divide among 4 glasses.
- For a dairy-free version, substitute almond milk, soy milk or oat milk for milk.
About This Recipe
Seasonal smoothie alert! If you’re craving the taste of fall, try a Blueberry Pumpkin Smoothie as a breakfast or snack. It’s all here: signature, sweet-tart blueberries for a boost of blue, plus banana, pumpkin purée, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Make it with milk or enjoy as a dairy-free treat with almond, soy or oat milk. You’ll feel like you’re wearing a sweater and boots, no matter what the calendar says!
Recipe taken from US Highbush Blueberry Council / www.blueberry.org.