Recipe: Mixed Seed Crackers
Fast forward to present day and we are all cognizant of the many benefits of eating seeds. Some of the most popular options are chia, flax, pumpkin, watermelon and sunflower seeds. As easy as seeds are to incorporate into your diet, throwing them in your salads, adding them to your overnight oats, baking your breads with them, they are still very understated in terms of the ways in which you can use them. For example, can you imagine the seeds to be the main ingredient of your cooking? How? This super easy Mix Seeds Cracker recipe will show you just how.
Statutory warning: This recipe is so easy, you can literally nap and catch up on chores in between :P
- Chia Seeds ⅓ Cup
- Flax Seeds ½ Cup
- Pumpkin Seeds ⅓ Cup
- Sunflower Seeds ⅓ Cup
- Sesame seeds ⅓ Cup
- Water 1 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Seasonings Oregano/Garlic powder/Maggi Masala (any one of your choice)
- Mix all the ingredients and cover it with a lid for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours give the mix a nice stir. At this point the mixture is one gooey mess, because of the chia and flax seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture to ¼ inch thickness.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at a 170 degree Celsius for 45 mins.
- Take out the tray and cut carefully into squares, you can use a cookie cutter.
- Flip all the pieces and bake on the other side for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Have these with dips or just by itself as a snack. An excellent recipe for Keto diets or as a post workout snack. Go ahead, plant these seeds of health in your diet or gift them out as favours this year.