Recipe: Almond Flour Cake
‘Almond flour sounds nice, but what can I make with it?’ If I had a penny for every time I got asked that question! The answer is very simple. Use it in place of regular flour or maida while baking and it will not only work, you will be wonderfully surprised at how flavourful and delicious the end result is. As you cook with it more, you will find almond flour, which is made from blanched and peeled almonds, as a great gluten-free baking alternative.
Let us start you off with this very simple tea time cake. The ingredients of this cake sing to each other, the nuttiness of the almonds harmonizing perfectly with the warm sweetness of the honey.
- 1 and 3/4 cups Carnival almond flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced almonds for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a baking pan with butter or oil.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the honey, vanilla extract and then the rest of the ingredients combining the dry ingredients lightly.
- Pour the mix into the baking pan and top with sliced almonds. Do not mix.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until set.
- Allow it to cool before serving.
Note: *This cake can easily be made keto-friendly by replacing the honey with any keto sweetener of choice.